National Health and Fitness Day is a an initiative to mark one day, the first Saturday in June, as the day when Canadians get out and get active in any way they wish. In December of 2014, the National Health and Fitness Act, Bill S-211, was passed making it an official day in Canada.
Nearly three hundred communities, from across the country, have already joined the initiative and Kingston will celebrate it for the first time this year.
We invite you to participate by hosting an “Open Doors” event on this day. To participate and be promoted as being part of NHFD Kingston 2018 were asking you to:
- be open to the public on June 2nd between 9:00am – 4:00pm
- provide supervised activity for free to the public and/or a demonstration or explanation of what physical activity you offer
- be responsible for individuals who visit your site
For participating you will:
- be recognized on our website and in our social media feeds
- receive a poster identifying you as a NHFD supporter to display at your facility
- be added to our open doors map
You many also want to:
- provide a special offer to the public to promote your facility or an activity
- consider sponsorship opportunities
To find out more or sign up to be part of National Health and Fitness Day Kingston please feel free to fill in the form below or check us out on social media
We hope you will join us in making Kingston the Fittest City in the Fittest Nation on Earth!
Thank you to our Sponsors